Linoleum is a uniquely natural flooring that has been around for close to 160 years! Linoleum is not to be confused with resilient vinyl floors, which are made primarily of synthetic materials. Continued manufacturing and visual innovation have kept Marmoleum a top sustainable flooring choice for residential and commercial applications. Read on, then speak with one of our Portland flooring experts to learn more about how Marmoleum can meet your project needs.
What makes Marmoleum a sustainable flooring option?
- Content— Forbo Marmoleum is made from 97% natural, 72% renewable and 43% recycled raw materials.
- Environmental Impact — Forbo Marmoleum states that they have “the lowest environmental impact and C02 footprint” and carry the most independent, Life Cycle Analysis-based environmental labels and certifications “of any floorcovering.”
- Green Electricity — Marmoleum is manufactured in efficient factories using 100% renewable electricity.
- Repairable — Abnormal damage such as a deep scratch from moving a refrigerator can be repaired.
- Biodegradable — Marmoleum is biodegradable at the end of its life.
- Linoleum — flooring that is made with a unique combination of linseed rosin, limestone, wood flour from waste material of production forestry and jute. Marmoleum is a brand of linoleum.
- Marmoleum Sheet — resilient sheet flooring that is sold in sheets and adhered to the floor
- Marmoleum Modular Tiles — available in squares or rectangles the same thickness as Marmoleum Sheet. Modular Tiles are adhered to the floor.
- Marmoleum Click Tiles — cork-backed floating panel system with Marmoleum on the face. Marmoleum Click Tiles are available in square or rectangles that click together for easy installation.
- Ambering or Yellowing— refers to the natural, temporary yellow tint that may occur from the final factory maturing process in all linoleum. Exposing the floor to light will cause this yellow tint to dissipate, usually in a matter of hours or days. Sometimes a rug or object covering the floor can cause the yellowing to return, which will repeat its disappearing act with light exposure.
Take the next step and discuss your Marmoleum project with a flooring expert at our Portland showroom to make an informed decision you’ll be happy with for years to come! For best results, consider your lifestyle, performance expectations and how your new Marmoleum floors will relate to your cabinets, adjacent flooring and wall colors. Be sure to bring a picture of your space along to your appointment!
Your project manager will help you determine additional options such as baseboards to complete your new Marmoleum flooring installation.
You can trust Macadam!
Here at Macadam Floor and Design we have been providing flooring, countertops, tile and window coverings to the Portland Metro area for over 35 years. We are continually improving our showroom offerings, industry knowledge and professionalism to provide excellent service and value for our customers. Whether working with our Portland Retail and Builder Showroom or our Vancouver Builder Design Center, you will be paired with a project manager or designer to help you navigate your options with confidence.
Work with our experts to be sure you purchase Marmoleum flooring that is right for your project at the best value in Portland—we coordinate installation too!
Our Brands Include:
- Forbo Marmoleum
Coupon must be presented at the time of price quote, and may not be combined with any other offers, slab countertops, builder programs, or insurance programs.
Macadam Floor and Design offers an extensive selection of flooring, countertops and window coverings for your next project.