You may already know that bamboo is actually a tree-like grass, not actual wood, but did you know that not all bamboo floors have equal durability? The quality of the bamboo flooring is only as good as the bamboo that is utilized in making the product combined with the quality of the floor’s construction and finish. As one of the largest flooring and countertops dealers in the Northwest, we have opportunities to sell a myriad of products. We choose to curate our product offerings to provide the best quality and value to our customers, and we consider the bamboo we offer to be the best bamboo on the market today that is well-suited to our Pacific Northwest climate. Speak with one of our flooring experts to learn more about the best bamboo available.
What makes bamboo a sustainable flooring option?
- Fast growth — The time required to grow and mature bamboo into strong, usable material is about ten times faster than growing usable red oak.
- Re-growth — New bamboo stalks can grow from the same plant, leaving the root system and soil intact thereby helping mitigate erosion.
- Strand or Strand-Woven Bamboo – Bamboo that has been shredded and bonded into a floor with high density and superior indentation resistance. Strand bamboo sheds the look of traditional bamboo, impacting interior spaces with its own unique visual.
- Vertical — bamboo flooring that has the cut stalks stacked on edge vertically, creating skinny strips within each board
- Horizontal — bamboo flooring that has wider strips of bamboo in each floor board in comparison to the narrow strips in vertical-grain bamboo flooring
- Natural — refers to the naturally occurring blonde color of bamboo floors
- Carbonized or Caramelized – refers to the honey-brown or caramel color achieved by subjecting the bamboo to steam and pressure which affects the sugar content of the bamboo.
Discuss your bamboo floor project with a flooring expert at our Portland showroom to make an informed decision you’ll be happy with for years to come! For best results, consider your lifestyle, performance expectations and how your new bamboo floors will relate to your cabinets, adjacent flooring and wall colors. Be sure to bring a picture of your space along to your appointment!
Your project manager will help you determine additional options such as baseboards to complete your new bamboo floors installation.
You can trust Macadam!
Here at Macadam Floor and Design we have been providing flooring, countertops, tile and window coverings to the Portland Metro area for over 35 years. We are continually improving our showroom offerings, industry knowledge and professionalism to provide excellent service and value for our customers. Whether working with our Portland Retail and Builder Showroom or our Vancouver Builder Design Center, you will be paired with a project manager or designer to help you navigate your options with confidence.
Work with our experts to be sure you purchase bamboo flooring that is right for your project at the best value in Portland—we coordinate installation too!
Our Brands Include:
Coupon must be presented at the time of price quote, and may not be combined with any other offers, slab countertops, builder programs, or insurance programs.
Macadam Floor and Design offers an extensive selection of flooring, countertops and window coverings for your next project.