Macadam Floor and Design is your trusted laminate floor store in Portland. We make it easy to add durability and style to your home without sacrificing your budget. With our wide array of styles, brands and price ranges, we’ll help you find just the right laminate flooring for your project!
Laminate floors are a smart, affordable alternative to hardwood flooring. We offer a myriad of laminate options with realistic wood visuals simulating the look and texture of real hardwood so effectively it’s easy to think you’re about to walk on a real wood floor. Laminate floor’s big claim to fame is ease of installation and durable, highly scratch-resistant finishes that stand up to an active household. Laminate floors are made with a stabilizing back layer, high density fiber core, picture layer and durable wear-layer. We also offer water-resistant and waterproof laminate floors from the most reputable brands.
Select Laminate Floors the Easy Way!
Laminate Flooring Considerations
- Contemporary laminate floors have clean and smooth visuals and are available in a range of color options.
- Rustic laminate floors often mimic natural wood knots and appear to be hand-scraped or even composed of reclaimed barn wood! Some laminate floors are available in multiple widths.
- French Bleed defines the beveled edge of the laminate floor using a color that is darker than the plank surface.
- Driftwood-inspired laminate options impart a coastal feel.
- Light-colored laminate floors reflect light and can be paired with dark cabinets for high contrast or medium-colored cabinets for a soft transition.
- Medium laminate floors pair nicely with light or dark cabinets and provide continuity throughout the home that can easily complement each room’s unique feel.
- Dark laminate floors provide a dramatic undertone. Be aware that dark floors with higher luster are more likely to show dust and scratches over time than lighter and more matte finishes.
- Color variation in laminate floors provides additional interest.
Most laminate flooring does not have a water-resistant core, but since waterproof luxury vinyl has been capturing market share in recent years, several laminate floor brands are now offering water resistant and even waterproof laminate flooring! Speak with one of our experts to find out which type of laminate floor is recommended for your application.
2. After considering the look for your new laminate flooring, discuss quality and price ideals with a project manager at our Portland showroom to narrow down the options and choose your color.
3. Last, your project manager will help you determine additional options, such as baseboard moldings, vents and cold air returns to complete your laminate flooring installation.
Laminate StairsYes, we install laminate floors on stairs! Most of our laminate flooring products have coordinating overlap stair nose trims. If you want to add a carpet runner to your laminate stairs, you can have one customized from any of our wall-to-wall carpets in Portland. Simply select your carpet, backing and edge binding. Then tell us the size and we’ll get it made!
You can trust Macadam!
Here at Macadam Floor and Design, we have been providing flooring, countertops, tile and window coverings to the Portland Metro area for over 35 years.
We are continually improving our showroom offerings, industry knowledge and professionalism to provide excellent service and value for our customers. Whether working with our Portland Retail and Builder Showroom or our Vancouver Builder Design Center, you will be paired with a project manager or designer to help you navigate your options with confidence.
Work with our experts to be sure you purchase laminate flooring that is right for your project at the best value in Portland—we coordinate installation too!
Our Brands Include
Coupon must be presented at the time of price quote, and may not be combined with any other offers, slab countertops, builder programs, or insurance programs.
Macadam Floor and Design offers an extensive selection of flooring, countertops and window coverings for your next project.