Green Product Wool Carpet
Wool carpet dates back centuries and remains an extremely popular flooring option for today’s consumers. Wool is an eco-friendly or “green” product and many of it’s natural properties make it an excellent flooring choice.
- Wool fiber is naturally more resilient than nylon. As a result, wool is much more resistant to matting and crushing.
- Wool has a natural ability to shed water; which is an important characteristic considering that 80% of carpet stains are waterbased.
- Resists static electricity.
- Protein in the wool’s constituents gives it excellent natural flame resistance. Natural wool fiber will not support combustion and is difficult to ignite and is self-extinguishing.
- The wool fiber is made up of overlapping scales, arranged much like roof shingles, in an upward fashion. This natural arrangement keeps small particles of dirt near the surface where it can be easily released by vacuuming.
- Another benefit of this arrangement aids in wool’s ability to resist wear and tear from abrasion.
- A completely natural and renewable product.